Tuesday, May 15, 2007

oh my god

law school is almost over. how did that happen? i still remember the conversation i had with one of my advisors in the late summer of 2003, where we sat down on a couple couches in the recently refurnished JHU Levering dining hall and i explained the many reasons why i thought going to law school would be a good move for me. i remember sitting in a room in goucher college in october of 2003 taking the LSAT. i remember wandering around stanford's campus in december of 2003 after a job interview with Google, thinking about the future and what i wanted to do with my life (which is especially funny, as neither Google nor Stanford wanted me). i remember standing in my living room, about to get on a plane to visit Boalt, getting the call from Dean Barnett to let me know i'd been accepted to Yale. i remember admit weekend - i remember that very, very well, including a conversation with ali nardali about going from math and science into law, and a conversation with zach summers where he was still trying to decide whether or not to go to law school. i remember standing in front of the glass case in the entrance of the law school where they posted the small group assignments, asking the random group of people assembled there if anyone else was in Carter's small group, and meeting my first fellow small group member, kate wiltenburg. i remember the first word spoken - 'Jaffee' - in my first class in law school - civil procedure with owen fiss. i remember a lot of joy, a lot of sadness, a lot of success, a moderate amount of failure, and a lot of boredom.

but now, it's almost over, and soon, there will be nothing more to remember. the chapter of my life on 'law school' will be closed, forever.

:'(

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww...

yeah, it's so hard to process all of this. especially with finals going on and the like. i def. have a lot of mixed feeling abt law sch, but when i picked up some pictures from walgreens the other day, i was so sad... i'm glad you'll be nearby next year though :)

4:49 PM  
Blogger Aviva said...

omg, b/w the two of you you're really gonna make me cry soon! :(

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, bro...I thought you said I shouldn't do a blog because I'd make it too personal. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know I love you and I'm here for you...even if you do decide to go to medical school or something else bizarre...Keep in touch, ya hear? :P Love, Sis

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home