Saturday, September 04, 2004

continued law school notes

Registration and orientation are over, for the most part. There's a cookout at 5 today and a big bowling trip after that. But most of the scheduled activities - the library tour, the auditorium speeches about the town and the school and the policies - have happened. I've probably shaken hands with three quarters of my classmates now, and may actually remember the names of a third of them. I'm actually fairly good with names, especially when I learn a few at a time. The holes are not in long-term storage but in the narrowness of the writing pipeline; shoving too many in at once tends to make all but a few get overwritten.

I finally met the people in my 'small group', the 18 people who are in my smallest class, the Contracts class with Carter, and are also in my other three classes; we took a library tour. There is at least one other 'small group', the Gordon group, which is in my other 3 classes as well, and which has a few people who I know fairly well and am beginning to consider friends. There are definitely a couple people in the Carter group who I think I will soon consider friends.

I have all my books, and I got away with spending at least $100 less than some people. There's one big Torts class that has 8 or 9 books. My biggest is Carter's, which has the casebook and 4 other little books, but none are particularly expensive. My Torts class just has the casebook and one little paperback. I also have assignments for the first day of class in all of them. It may be difficult for me to get back into the homework habit.

Oh, and I have a new cell phone. There's a Sprint store on Temple and Grove, or somewhere near there (I followed someone to get there and don't remember exactly). I'm a little tired of Verizon, for reasons I don't want to get into, and even though I haven't been incredibly impressed with Sprint (sitting in my bedroom, I get between 0 and 3 bars of signal seemingly at random and with rapid fluctuations), I think I'll give them a try for a couple years.

More updates as classes begin, or if I get bored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home