Tuesday, August 31, 2004

in New Haven

Well, I'm here, my stuff is here and mostly in place, my internet connection is working, and I've met a bunch of my classmates. My roommate's nice enough, I don't anticipate any problems there. My apartment is acceptable - it's spacious, but a lot of the little details are not well done. The closet doors are all metal and some are dented; there are parquet floors in most of the apartment that are heavily damaged and scratched in several places; the cabinets are a little shoddy, but some shelf liner made them okay. I like it overall, it's just hasn't been the most well-kept apartment in town.

I'm still unpacking. I'm mopping the floors in my bedroom now, a task made more difficult by moving all my stuff in there first. But I've done most of it. I still have to put all my clothes away. And my roommate's moving all his stuff in between 3 and 5 today, and once that's here we'll have a lot of work to do putting different people's stuff in place.

Anyway, I'm going back to work. Just wanted to put in a brief update. Registration is Thursday and orientation is Friday; I'll post about those over the weekend, I expect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home