Sunday, May 02, 2004

About this blog

Just a brief introductory note to describe this, my latest attempt to seriously enter and commit to the world of blogging. I'm going to make this a more general blog than my previous attempts, in the hope that I am encouraged to update more frequently. This will mostly be pointers to and comments on interesting articles I read from other people's blogs, an opportunity to pontificate when I feel the urge. Most of my reading is news, politics, law, and technology, and the Red Sox during baseball season; expect most of my posts to be on these subjects, though I will likely throw in the occasional life note or philosophical question.

About the blog name: It's a take-off on the song "Dangling Conversation" by Simon & Garfunkel from the album "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme". I have every Simon & Garfunkel album. They were my first music love, and though my tastes have moved on since, I can still sing along to every song.

Update: I also like the resemblance "suspended conversation" bears to "suspended animation", which is a colorful metaphor that I feel aptly describes my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home